The Live Lead Free Quad Cities (LLFQC) is a bistate, nonprofit 501(c)3 organization established in 2018 and incorporated on August 10, 2019 by organizational members of the Quad Cities with the purpose of creating a healthy living, playing, and working environment for its most vulnerable residents.
Mission, Vision, Values
To protect and preserve the health of Quad Citizens by preventing lead poisoning with CARE:
To eliminate lead based paint poisoning.
- Community focused
- No fine print
- Heart of a volunteer
Our organization strives to reduce lead poisoning in the Quad Cities. It does so through the following functions:
- Conducting research on best practices in combating lead poisoning and disseminating this information to the community;
- Seeking funds for the mitigation or abatement of lead;
- Sharing progress and collaborating with other nonprofit organizations and local governments in the community;
- Determining equitable criteria for nominating homes for remediation or abatement, identifying structures that will benefit from lead remediation or abatement, and providing the locations of such structures to the partner(s) designated in #5 below;
- Providing funds for the remediation or abatement of lead in homes to an established partner (or partners) in the area. These partner(s) will handle all aspects of the actual mitigation/abatement, including financing loans or providing grants to individuals for work completed, temporarily rehoming families, and properly supervising all work;
- Sharing non-confidential information with health care providers; and
- Educating the public and healthcare providers on best practices regarding preventing lead poisoning.